The importance of obtaining an international passport with a contactless electronic chip is increasingly significant due to visa-free travel to the EU for Ukrainian citizens and the extension of visa-free travel to other countries.
Where can you apply for a passport?
1. District departments of the Main Directorate of the State Migration Service of
You can find addresses, phone numbers and work schedule of the State Migration
Services on the website https://dmsu.gov.ua/pro-dms/struktura-ta-kontakti/teritorialni-
2. Administrative Services Centers (ЦНАП) in some cities. You will find the current
list of accredited centers on the website https://land.gov.ua/icat/tsnapy/
3. Citizen Service Centers “Passport Service”, which are serviced by the state-
owned enterprise “Document”. https://pasport.org.ua/ru/contact/tsentry
Here the cost of the service will be more expensive, but you can come there only with your passport and tax registration certificate, the center staff will do the rest for you.
An international passport can be obtained anywhere in Ukraine, regardless of the
place of registration.
If you are abroad, diplomatic agencies are involved in issuing passports.
What needs to be done to get a passport through a state-owned enterprise
1. Take your passport and your tax registration certificate and come to the "Passport
Service" according to the work schedule.
2. Submit the necessary documents
3. Pay for the service (at the “Passport Service”)
4. Take a picture (at the “Passport Service”)
5. After receiving the SMS, come and pick up your passport
Submission and execution of documents for obtaining an Ukranian international
passport through a State Migration Service or an Administrative Services Center
is carried out ONLY in the order of electronic queue.
You can enroll in the electronic queue directly on the spot or through the appropriate site.
If you want to sign up through the online service to the territorial bodies of the State
Migration Service, you can do this on this site https://dmsu.gov.ua/services/online.html
If you submit documents through an Administrative Services Center - through the pages of the official websites of the respective cities.
If you want to make a passport through a passport service, you can also use the site
https://pasport.org.ua/en/uslugi/elektronnaya-ochered . In this case, pre-registration in the electronic queue is optional.
You can get a passport only in the department of the State Migration Service,
Administrative Services Center or "Passport Service", where documents for its registration were submitted. Forwarding to other units or courier delivery is not carried out.
For adults (over 18 years old):
● internal passport of Ukraine (original and 2 copies of the first two pages and of a page with a residence permit)
● tax identification certificate (original and one copy)
● receipt of payment of the administrative fee. You can find payment details on the
● application form (filled in at the place of filing documents)
● international passport if you already have one
Passports for children to travel abroad can be issued to them from birth.
Up to 12 years, digitized fingerprints and an electronic signature are not entered on a contactless electronic medium and the production of a biometric passport can be carried out without the presence of a child.
Children under 16 years old are issued a passport for a period of 4 years, and from 16 years and older - for 10 years.
• a notarized application from both parents;
• birth certificate with a copy for children under 14 years old for children from 14 years old - passport and its copy
• 2 photographs 3.5 by 4.5 cm and one 10x15 cm;
• for children over 16 years old – tax identification certificate and its copy;
• receipt of payment for services;
• copies of internal passports of parents.
For children who are less than 16 years old and live with one of the parents, are
orphans or deprived of parental care, the original or a certified copy of additional
documents confirming this is provided
Passport registration deadline:
⮚ 20 working days from the date of application for a passport;
⮚ 7 working days from the date of application for the urgent production of a
⮚ up to 3 working days - due to the urgent need to travel abroad related to the need
for treatment; departure of a person accompanying a seriously ill patient, or the
death of a relative who lived abroad
Costs of obtaining a passport
The cost of obtaining a passport consists of the cost of public services and a passport form. They are paid together in the form of an administrative fee. How much it costs depends on how quickly you need the passport.
from July 1, 2019 passport services are:
up to 20 days - 682 hryvnias
up to 7 days - 1034 hryvnias
If you draw up documents through the “Passport Service”, you will have to pay
additional 400 hryvnias for its services.